Oracle Supply Chain Management and Procurement
With Oracle SCM, companies can build and operate world class value-chains for profitable growth. The Oracle E-Business Suite Supply Chain Management (R12) family of applications integrates and automates all key supply chain processes, from design, planning and procurement to manufacturing and fulfillment, providing a complete solution set to enable companies to power information-driven value chains. Companies can anticipate market requirements and risks, adapt and innovate to respond to volatile market conditions, and align operations across global networks. A unified data model provides a single, accurate view of your entire supply chain. Companies can implement lean, demand driven principles and manage their increasingly complex, global supply chains. And when Oracle Supply Chain Management runs on Oracle technology, you speed implementation, optimize performance, streamline support–and maximize ROI.
Oracle Supply Chain Management and Procurement consist of following modules:
1. Oracle Purchasing
Oracle Purchasing is the application for professional buyers that streamlines purchase order processing while strengthening policy compliance. It is a key component of Oracle Advanced Procurement.
According to independent experts the key to achieving world class procurement performance lies in using technology to automate routine tasks. This frees procurement professionals to work on more strategic tasks related to sourcing and supplier management. Oracle Purchasing does just that. It automates purchasing to make buyers more productive, improves management of your supply base, and adapts to virtually any procurement process.
As the heart of the Oracle Advanced Procurement suite, Oracle Purchasing provides a rich store of policy and supplier information, an enterprise class automation platform, and a robust workbench for buying professionals.
- Automate the Entire Procure-to-Pay Cycle
- Define suppliers and agreements; then automate your entire purchasing cycle from purchase order to settlement
- Improve Supply Base Management
- Take central control of all supplier and item master information with an application that tightly integrate suppliers into your organization by leveraging advanced supply management capabilities.
- Adapt to Any Purchasing Practice
- Adapt the application to your organization's purchasing practices with uniquely configurable policies and an open architecture that integrates legacy and supplier systems.
2. Oracle Inventory Management
With Oracle Inventory Management you can improve inventory visibility, reduce inventory levels and control inventory operations. All of your material in each line of business and stage of the inventory lifecycle can be tracked in a single system. Increased transparency will reduce the need for local buffer stocks, and inventory will be located where it previously wasn’t known to exist.
- Improve Inventory Visibility
- Oracle Inventory Management allows you to consolidate your disparate inventory tracking and control systems into a single, global inventory management solution for material in every stage of the product or production lifecycle as well as for your different business types. For manufacturers and distributors, this visibility is not limited to current state balances but also includes global track and trace information including inventory source and where-used analysis.
- Reduce Inventory Levels
- Oracle Inventory Management gives you a variety of tools to reduce your inventory levels. The more accurate your inventory levels and efficient your replenishment, the less safety stock you need to hold. The more proactive your exception management, the more readily you can respond to shortages, quality issues and backorders before costly expediting is required.
- Control Multi-Mode Inventory Operations
- Whether you are running manufacturing centers, distribution centers, service depots, spare parts warehouses or other types of parts storage facilities, Oracle Inventory Management provides the multi-mode inventory capability that helps you control all your inventory operations. Comprehensive material and transaction attributes capture gives inventory managers and operators flexible visibility into material aging, qualitative characteristics, material status, and material consigned from suppliers.
3. Oracle Order Management
Oracle Order Management drives the order fulfillment process of any business. The open, workflow based architecture supports tailored, automated fulfillment processes without customization. It captures multi-channel demand from sources including EDI, XML, telesales or web storefronts. As part of a complete order to cash solution it enables global order promising and is integrated to transportation management.
- Improve Sales Visibility
- Sale agents have access to accurate and complete information via a single repository housing all relevant sales transactions.
- Increase Customer Satisfaction
- Customers are empowered through self-service status tracking functionality, accessible on the Internet.
- Expedite Sales Cycles
- Blanket sales agreements associate customer orders (releases) with pre-negotiated terms and volume commitments.
Oracle iProcurement is the self-service requisitioning application that controls employee spending. Oracle iProcurement provides a Web-based shopping system that allows employees to create, manage, and track their own orders while the Purchasing department retains central control. This helps to ensure that policies and preferred pricing agreements are reflected in every transaction. Easy ordering and seamless workflow provide better service, while non-sourced or off-catalog spending gets the attention it needs from buying professionals.
- Streamline employee ordering
- eliminate error-prone paper processes with self-service ordering, while improving productivity and control.
- Enforce purchasing policy
- enforce policies with unprecedented control and governance support.
- Slash procurement costs
- lower your procurement costs by cutting transaction overhead, controlling maverick spending, and realizing the full value of your preferred supplier agreements.
- Comply with Local and International Regulations
- Oracle Assets supports complex and diverse reporting requirements including multiple currency and worldwide financial and tax standards. Tailor your depreciation calculation or choose from a pre-defined method to meet regulatory requirements in any industry or location.
5. Procurement Contracts
Oracle Procurement Contracts is the enterprise application that creates and enforces better purchasing contracts. It is a key component of Oracle Advanced Procurement, the integrated suite that dramatically cuts all supply management costs.
Despite the importance of contracts governing supplier relationships and the huge sums of money involved, the process of managing contracts is error-prone and lacks meaningful controls. Unfortunately, without proper oversight, contract negotiations can be lengthy and unpredictable — and the resulting contracts can expose an organization to risk. And even the best contracts can fail to deliver the expected savings because of an organization's inability to drive enforcement. Oracle Procurement Contracts allows you to take control of your contract lifecycle, from authoring and negotiation through implementation, enforcement, evaluation, and closeout. Business stakeholders, procurement experts, and legal professionals can quickly author contracts that comply with corporate standards. Plus, your company can measure compliance to ensure that negotiated savings hit the bottom line.
- Standardize contract processes
- create quality contracts faster and reduce risk by implementing enterprise standards, policies that govern their use, and tools to allow flexible administration.
- Reduce time-to-contract
- cut negotiation-cycle time with a flexible workflow and revision process that makes legal and commercial terms immediately visible to selected parties.
- Drive contract compliance
- track compliance and review the contract details throughout the entire contract lifecycle.
6. Services Procurement
Oracle Service Procurement simplifies contract management and provides a centralized repository for entitlement information. Rapidly create, manage, and update service contracts, warranties, and extended warranties on sales of goods or services. Then provide service based on real-time entitlement data. As a result, you minimize contract leakage, increase recurring revenues, and provide targeted services while reducing operational costs.
- Automate Contract Creation.
- Automatically create and update warranties that are included in bills of materials.
- Create Unique and Complex Contracts Quickly.
- Leverage templates for default coverage terms and other contractual attributes. Ensure contracts or groups of contracts pass pre-defined validation with built-in QA feature.
- Integrate with Oracle Advanced Pricing.
- Retrieve accurate prices of services or usage. Apply volume discounts.
- Create Real-time Repository of Entitlement Information.
- Ensure service levels while preventing contract leakage by creating a single database of entitlement information that can be shared across your service organization.
- Manage Renewals Proactively.
- Automatically inform customers and/or agents of pending contract expirations.
Oracle Sourcing is the enterprise application that drives more and better sourcing through online collaboration and negotiation. It is a key component of Oracle Advanced Procurement, the integrated suite that can dramatically cut all supply management costs.
Because strategic sourcing is typically time-consuming and complex, few organizations are able to exploit all available sourcing opportunities. Oracle Sourcing increases the sourcing bandwidth of procurement professionals, so they can exploit many more savings opportunities and capture more value from each. Online collaboration and negotiation makes it easy for experts from multiple organizations to exchange information, define requirements, conduct negotiation, and create new contracts. Buying professionals, business experts, and suppliers can all collaborate to create agreements that provide the best terms.
- Source more of your spend
- Manage more sourcing events in less time and bring them to conclusion faster, so you can exploit additional savings opportunities Source for lowest total cost.
- Make more best
- value award decisions based on total cost, not just on unit price.
- Create immediate and long-term savings
- Create immediate savings and faster ROI with rapid deployment; then gain additional savings with consistent execution through the Oracle Advanced Procurement suite.
8. Supplier Lifecycle Management
Supplier Lifecycle Management governs the processes around that data. It consists of Data quality tools which enable best-of-breed data quality by characterizing the data, standardizing it, identifying matches, and validating Supplier Lifecycle Management.
- Create Closed-Loop Purchase Order Collaboration
- Get improved service, eliminate routine inquiries, and even offload inventory management by sharing information with suppliers online.
- Simplify Fulfillment and Payment
- Reduce receiving problems with advance shipment notices, capture savings with online invoicing, and improve service from suppliers by sharing delivery and quality data.
- Efficiently Ramp and Maintain Suppliers
- Bring suppliers onboard quickly with Web portal access and online registration. Maintain them easily with self-service profile updates.