Oracle Finance Management
Oracle Financial Management supports organization to automate financial business processes for enterprise applications. Oracle's financial management is a complete and integrated financial management solution that sets the foundation for good governance and consistent growth while helping today's fast-growing and dynamic organizations make better decisions, increase efficiency, reduce costs, and continuously innovate. Oracle E-Business Suite Financials allow you to work smarter, increase efficiency and reduce back-office costs with standardized processes for shared services, productivity tools, and integrated performance management.
Only Oracle’s financial management allow you to:
- Work Smarter
- Increase efficiency and reduce back-office costs with standardized processes for shared services, productivity tools, and integrated performance management
- Work Globally
- Manage your global finance organization from a single, integrated system and comply with multiple legislations, accounting standards, and policies
- Work Securely
- Facilitate financial control and corporate governance with a holistic approach to compliance and risk management
Oracle Financial Management Suite Consists of following modules:
1. General Ledger
Oracle General Ledger is a comprehensive financial management solution that provides highly automated financial processing, effective management control, and real-time visibility to financial results. It provides everything you need to meet financial compliance and improve your bottom line. It’s a part of the Oracle E-Business Suite, an integrated suite of applications that drive enterprise profitability, reduce costs, improve internal controls and increase efficiency.
- Gain Efficiencies with Highly Automated Financial Processing
- Automate journal processing for recurring and allocation journals. Convert and load raw data from external systems or upload mass journal entries via spreadsheets. Run posting, reporting, translation, and consolidation processes in parallel to accelerate reporting time.
- Establish and Maintain Superior Internal Controls
- Guarantee data integrity with a single ledger to manage all financial information. Actual, budget, summary, foreign currency, statistical and average balances are automatically synchronized, rendering reports immediately available and always accurate. Mandatory checks and balances prevent the occurrence of out-of-balance situations. The chart of accounts can be customized to best fit your company's needs, and is used to control information access.
- Increase Enterprise Visibility
- Increase visibility into performance by investigating and reconciling balances online. Drill down to any level of detail including detail balances, journals, and the underlying subledger transactions - all from a single drill path. Oracle Applications Desktop Integrator provides a desktop-based extension of Oracle General Ledger to analyze financial statements, create budgets, upload conversion rates, create reports, and more.
- Capitalize on Global Opportunities
- Capture and report on any number of currencies from the balance level to the sub-ledger transaction level. Currency conversion, revaluation, re-measurement, and translation are all performed in accordance with local and international accounting standards.
- Improve Financial Services Profitability
- Robust average balance functionality comes standard in Oracle General Ledger to allow companies in the financial services industry to perform sophisticated transfer pricing and profitability analysis calculations to comply with regulatory reporting requirements. Oracle General Ledger is also integrated with the Oracle Financial Services Applications.
2. Accounts Payable
Oracle Accounts Payables improves margins, instills corporate and fiscal discipline, and optimizes business relationships. It is the cornerstone of Oracle’s Procure to pay and Travel & Expense Management solutions, seamless and comprehensive business flows that help you manage total enterprise spend.
- Lower Costs
- Automate invoice processing using a variety of tools including Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), XML messages, Evaluated Receipt Settlement (ERS) and business-to-business e-commerce. Eliminate paper with Transcepta's unique electronic invoicing solution that works seamlessly with Oracle solutions. Control cash flow, minimize errors, and eliminate inefficiencies by using specialized payment tools.
- Instill Corporate and Fiscal Discipline
- Enforce business rules to lower exposure to fraud, error, and unauthorized payments. Automate the routing and approval of invoices according to the unique requirements of your business. Leverage joint controls with other E-Business products such as Oracle Purchasing and Oracle General Ledger.
- Improve Business Relationships
- Oracle Payables works with iSupplier Portal to help suppliers enter and check the status of their own invoices. Employees also benefit from Oracle Payables when it is used with Oracle Internet Expenses to provide employees with multiple ways to submit expense reports.
- Grow Globally
- International business requirements including foreign-currency transactions, global tax regimes, and future dated payments can be easily managed. To meet country-specific statutory requirements, Oracle Payables supports automated calculation and accounting of partially recoverable and non-recoverable value-added tax, sales and use tax, withholding tax, and regional and local taxes.
3. Accounts Receivable
Oracle Receivables allows you to streamline invoicing, receipt, and customer deduction processing while improving cash flow, optimizing customer relationships, and providing strategic information. It provides the flexibility to meet the demands of a global market with strong financial controls to assist in instilling corporate and fiscal discipline.
- Streamline Your Operations and Increase Your Cash Flow
- Oracle Receivables seamlessly manages your invoicing needs and offers importing capabilities to extend this service to non-Oracle ordering systems. Facilitate account collection with correspondence tracking, instant access to current customer account information, and collector task scheduling.
- Instill Corporate and Fiscal Discipline
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and company policies by mapping your business model to the appropriate revenue schedules. Promote strong internal controls through function security, approval processes, and appropriate dissemination of information.
- Expand to Global Markets
- With Oracle Receivables, your enterprise has the flexibility to respond to global needs, support diverse regulatory requirements, and optimize customer relationships in the global economy.
4. Oracle Assets
Oracle Assets automates asset management and simplifies accounting tasks. Using a unified source of asset data (with data from your Oracle applications as well as external feeder systems), Oracle Assets gives you visibility into your assets worldwide. Standard management tasks-such as asset transfers, disposals, reclassifications, financial adjustments, and tax legacy data conversion-can be streamlined with automated business flows. Standard accounting, operational, and registry reports are available to ease reconciliation and analysis
- Lower the Cost of Asset Ownership
- The traditional way of managing assets-manual processing and disjointed systems—is slow, expensive, and error prone. With Oracle Assets, you can manage your assets in a single system that automates many standard transactions to reduce these costs and improve the accuracy of fixed-asset transactions.
- Securely Manage Assets
- Use reliable and timely information to properly manage your enterprise's fixed assets. Create standardized reports or perform ad-hoc inquiries for quick and easy access to asset details.
- Increase Efficiency with Self-Service
- Oracle iAssets provides real-time self-service asset transfer functionality to simplify and streamline the complex task of tracking inventory ownership and location. Armed with asset information, you can make better decisions about managing your current assets as well as planning for the future.
- Comply with Local and International Regulations
- Oracle Assets supports complex and diverse reporting requirements including multiple currency and worldwide financial and tax standards. Tailor your depreciation calculation or choose from a pre-defined method to meet regulatory requirements in any industry or location.
5. Cash Management
Oracle Cash Management is an enterprise wide solution for managing liquidity and controlling cash. Cash Management gives you direct access to expected cash flows from your operational systems. You can quickly analyze enterprise wide cash management cash requirements and currency exposures, ensuring liquidity and optimal use of cash resources.
- Forecast cash flows in any currency and in multiple time periods
- Streamline the reconciliation process
- Monitor for exceptions and fraud
- Forecast based on historical or future transactions
- Manage the cash cycle efficiently and with control