Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE) is an unmatched and comprehensive business intelligence and analytics platform that delivers a full range of capabilities—including interactive dashboards, ad hoc queries, mobile analytics, notifications and alerts, enterprise and financial reporting, scorecard and strategy management, business process invocation, unstructured search and collaboration, integrated systems management and more. OBIEE 11g is built on a proven and modern technological foundation that supports the highest workloads and most complex deployments, while providing timely insights to users across an enterprise at a low overall total cost of ownership.
- Interactive Dashboards
- The starting point for analysis and insight by most users, the OBIEE 11g Interactive Dashboards solution provides fully an interactive collection of dashboards and reports with a rich variety of visualizations. Users can drill, pivot, and filter their data directly on a dashboard, while a rich set of prompts and powerful right-click interactions open up even more advanced analysis capabilities. Users see information filtered and personalized based on their identity, function, or role - based on predefined security rules. Alerts, guided navigation links, and actions accelerate exception-based discovery of insight. Users are no more than a click away from navigating to other interfaces in the suite should they decide to do so – like export their data to various Office formats, or open a strategy map, or add content to a list of favorites for quick access – whether on the browser or when using the Oracle BI Mobile product for instance. When used with Oracle Analytics, the industry’s first in-memory, engineered system for extreme analytics, users can analyze massive amounts of data using advanced data visualizations and explorations at the speed of thought.
- Ad hoc Analysis and Interactive Reporting
- Providing business users with full ad hoc query and analysis capability, users of Oracle Business Intelligence can create new analyses from scratch or modify existing analyses in dashboard pages. To free business users from data structure complexity, the metadata layer of Oracle Business Intelligence offers a logical view of metrics, hierarchies, and calculations expressed in understandable concepts. Business users do not need to understand physical data storage to combine data from multiple enterprise information sources.
- Mobile Analytics
- OBIEE 11g provides the technological platform for enabling mobile analytics. Users can use the Oracle BI Mobile app on their smartphones and tablets to interact with and analyze information delivered by OBIEE 11g, including dashboards, analyses, reports, scorecards, maps, alerts, and more, all in a secure manner.
- Enterprise Reporting
- Delivered via Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher, this functionality allows the creation of highly formatted templates, reports, and documents such as flash reports, checks, and more. It is the most efficient, most scalable reporting solution available for complex and distributed environments, and supports a vast number of data sources, including relational, multi-dimensional, web service, XML, unstructured data (from the Oracle Endeca Server), and more. Tight integration with the OBIEE 11g platform allows users to quickly and seamlessly transfer their data, layout, and format of a dashboard or analysis to BI Publishe. BI Publisher can also be deployed as a separate, standalone product.
- Proactive Detection and Alerts
- OBIEE 11g features a powerful, near-realtime, multi-step alert engine that can trigger workflows based on business events and notify stakeholders via their preferred medium and channel. This means field sales representatives can receive a short message service alert on their cell phone, warehouse managers get a PDF attachment via e-mail, and financial analysts obtain the report as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet saved to their shared corporate file system.